Last Updated on
Gone are the days when knowing about your consumers was enough. With time the need is felt to understand their behavior as well to see what interests them.
Advertisers no longer have to look for a broad audience group knowing that only a small proportion will be relevant. Instead, they can reach out to specific audiences that they know will be interested in them. All digital platforms have some sort of behavioral targeting within their admin panels. Utilizing the information gathered there can help you not only learn your audience, but also learn who they are, what they care about, and how to best interact with them.
Digital Advertising agencies are constantly finding out new ways and means to determine their consumer’s next step in order to know when and how to best engage them.
- What pages are they browsing?
- How much time is being spent on the site?
- How many clicks are being made?
- Are they sharing any particular websites content more than others?
All this helps in creating a clear picture about the consumers behavior online, then dividing into certain types and targeting them accordingly.
Behavioral targeting can be highly effective and predictive depending upon the choices made by the consumers online. Her/his social media content sharing habit, browsing activities, number of links clicked, etc can indicate interest altogether – but, how does it actually work and help us in future?
- Google Analytics: It breaks your consumers into various categories. One of the most important being Interest breakdown.As a marketer, this helps in targeting ads on their specific interests. You will have their sole attention. Serving their interests will aid in creating a brand they can relate to, generating return visits or increased brand loyalty.
- Facebook Advertising: It was and still remains the most effective tool making it both easy and affordable for all digital marketers. With the behavior targeting features, you can create your own consumers based on their likes, interests, and the device they use. By doing this it won’t only appeal to them, but also convert them to follow.
Even Instagram is in the same race to adopt targeting strategies.
- Twitter: Twitter’s promoted tweets provide another platform to gain attention of new potential followers. By using the Interests and Followers filter in your promotions, your tweets will then automatically appear to followers of accounts similar to your own and reach potential new followers who have previously engaged with subject matter similar to yours.
As and when new technologies are coming into the market, new opportunities will boom for digital advertising agency . Behavioral targeting’s shall grow and improve considering various elements in consumers world online.
Nonetheless whichever digital platform you choose, targeting behavior online will help your ad to stand out and provide that extra edge to survive in the market. There is no looking