Last Updated on
You must be aware of web page ranking and its importance as a metric to judge the credibility of a website. If you are a blogger then you will surely want your blog to feature in a site that high up, if not at the number one position in the SERPs.
Skipping the part of parting you the knowledge of what page ranking is and how important it is for a site since you already know it, here are some useful SEO techniques which will help your site gain a high rank in the SERPs.
Page rank is a ranking system followed by Google and other search engines and it has a few specific features such as:
- The ranks are points that typically range from 1 to 10 where 10 is considered to be the best and highest point.
- Any new domain that is recently purchased will normally have a 0 or a N/A page ranking.
- Page rank typically depends on the quality of your site as well as the backlinks either directly or indirectly.
In order to gain better credibility in the search engine, you will need to gain more site trusts so that more people will like and link you. However, in order to ensure this, you do not always have to hire some expert SEO service or a branding company to gain tons of backlinks overnight. You can do it by following a few specific strategies.
Meaning of being strategic
At this point you should understand what ‘strategic, really means because you will need to meet the ranking requirements of Google. You may be surprised to know that if you site gains an amazing number of links overnight or in no time, Google may ban it from search! That means you will need:
- To know the importance of the internet page
- Deliver value to your users
- Focus on quality and quantity of the incoming links and
- Use SEO optimized keywords.
Here are some tips to ensure that you improve your page rank and enjoy all the benefits of being high on the SERPs.
Unique SEO optimized content
The best way to ensure that you have a high rank is to create a unique and good content for your blog or site that is SEO optimized.
Search engines typically love quality of the content and they look for update on a regular basis. This actually helps the search engines to crawl your site most frequently. Therefore, you should focus on:
- Writing fresh content always and every time for your site as that will attract the readers as well as the other webmasters
- It will also help you to link your site to others which will, in turn, help you to earn more inbound links.
- Make sure that you post a decent update every month so that your site ranking does not drop in search.
- Also make sure that you maintain a post frequency so that you can reach to your target audience just at the right time when they check their accounts.
- In addition to that you must also make sure that you spread your content through different social media channels so that you reach out to a larger audience.
All these approaches will ensure that you keep up with the latest algorithm of Google if you wish to have a blog that is ranked highly.
Heading tags and keywords
Any post of high quality will help you to rank higher in the SERPs but that does not ensure automatically that you will be found easily on Google. The best way to be found in the search engines is by ensuring that you achieve number one position in the search pages. This can only be done only when you ensure a few things such as:
- Keyword research
- SEO optimized post
- Social media promotion and
This is the best possible way but the most crucial this in these approaches is to optimize the content for specific keyword.
The post should be useful enough for on page SEO optimization. For this you will need to take care of you’re the heading tags such as H1, H2, H3, Keyword placement and density. In order to ensure better optimization you can also use specific plugins as well.
Use of backlinks
Backlinks play a very significant role in the ranking of a website or a blog. It is highly dependent on quality of the inbound links as well as the number of it to a page. In fact, not all links are same when it comes to backlinks because the links to sites that have high page ranking are more valuable as compared to those pages that have low ranks on the SERPs.
However, these inbound links will have a significant effect on the page rank provided it comes from relevant sites. Backlink generation on the whole is not a complicated task but it is dependent on your convenience. There are a few specific ways in which you can gain some good backlinks very easily. These are:
- Blog commenting
- Guest posting and
- Forum posting.
You should also focus on article directory submission and for that you will first have to focus on selecting high quality articles. Then you should select the most popular and high page ranking article directories. Make sure that you choose theones that have a link back to your site.
- Often it is found that the webmasters take these sites to publish on their websites. This is the most precious way to gain inbound link to your site one-way.
- Google will consider these links to be popular votes for your blog and site and in turn will rank your page high in the SERP.
One of the simplest ways to improve your page ranking is to submit the blog or site to the most appropriate class of web directory that is highly ranked. This will ensure that you get more backlinks. This will eventually raise the chances of your site to rankhigh in the Googleserach engine which is your ultimate aim.