You’ve put together a website where you’ve invested a lot of effort, but you realize you do not have as many visitors as you expected? Unfortunately, acquiring traffic to a website is not something automatic, at least not initially. Meet an SEO agency or Magento Ecommerce agency for a good return.
There is a good chance you will monitor visitor traffic. These same visitors that you turn into customers with great support for content marketing or “Calls to Action”, tested to the point of obsession.How to have more visitors on his site?Here are 6 effective ways to increase traffic with website content
This method is so obvious that we will approach it first. This is one of the most consistent and reliable forms of traffic because once earned, it requires no effort. However, it is wrong to consider SEO as a source of “free” traffic because it requires a significant investment of time! Moreover, the efforts invested in your SEO optimization will only produce results in the medium or even the long term. You also need to be aware that search engines like Google regularly modify their algorithms, which requires regular monitoring and updates of your SEO strategy.The natural referencing aims “simply” to let think of the search engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo …) that your site deserves to be ranked on keywords. If you cross the term SEO, it’s simply the anglicism that misleads the SEOs … of which I am a part!
Why improve the SEO of my site?
The first answer is obvious: to increase its internet traffic. So far we are in the obvious … But the goal is mainly to generate qualified traffic at any time of the visitor’s buying cycle: the moment he inquires when he intends to buy. The additional traffic being free, it does not matter whether it is converting now or later, as long as it can convert! It’s a long-term, long-term job that will really help you increase your traffic. Here are the five axes of SEO that you must work to have more visits:
- Keywords: you must aim specific expressions, used by your future customers on the search engines
- Website optimization: your site must meet a number of technical and even ergonomic criteria
- Text content: you need to produce text (optimized SEO) with a good balance between volume and quality.
- Netlinking: A backlink is a link that points from another site to yours.
- All links are not equal, but a good link comes from a quality site that speaks about your theme.
- Measure: analyze what is happening. Most webmasters (including me) use Google Analytics. Analyze your traffic, landing pages, pages that have high bounce rates … Follow your positions as needed. As far as I’m concerned, I tend not to do it anymore, I focus on the qualitative content.
2- Sponsored Links in Search Engines: Google Adwords Search and Bing Ads
Sponsored links are actually the purchase of real-time advertising space (“Real Time Bidding, RTB”). Google offers Google Adwords and Bing (which has grouped with Yahoo) BingAds.
How does Google Adwords work?
You select keywords and assign them an auction that you are willing to pay. Each time a user searches for your keyword, the engine displays your ad.
So far it’s free! Why?
Because you only pay if a user clicks on your ad, in which case you pay the price of the click (calculated, often a little lower than your maximum bid) and it is sent to the page you chose.
The objections that I am usually made are:
- A competitor will click me: yes, it happens, but Google filters and refunds fraudulent clicks. It is flawed but rather effective. In fact, by the mechanism of the click quality (which I will not detail here), a fraudulent click not detected can help you.
- I’m going to spend crazy money: Yes, but only because you choose it: Google clings your daily budget as you see fit. From this side, no risk! The purchase of keywords, social media advertising or “Display” ads is effective ways to build a brand or attract visitors. The choice of your advertising platform will depend on your goal and the audience you want to target. Remember that traffic from advertising must be considered ephemeral traffic. Rightly, ad traffic will stop as soon as your campaigns end.
The newsletter is sending emails to people who have expressed their willingness to receive them (your customers, prospects, people who have registered spontaneously, etc.) This is probably one of the best ways to increase your visits: the traffic quality is high. If you do it internally, be careful not to be detected as a spammer, it happened quickly … A suitable solution is to use self-service emailing providers. It’s a little tricky at first, but it’s done very quickly! The leader of the sector remains Mailchimp, but I tested in recent days MailJet which certainly has fewer features but remains significantly cheaper from 2000 subscribers (below mailchimp is free, so enjoy). I will soon test ActiveCampaign, which remains in the same price as MailChimp but has more interesting features…
4- B2B / B2C Emailing
The e-mailling, unlike the newsletter, is to write to send an email to people who have not solicited. You buy (or rent) a base and that’s it.
At least on paper…
In real life, a not insignificant part of these mails do not reach the end of their mission:
- Addresses in error
- Mail filtered as spam
- Mails that do not interest recipients, who delete them without opening them.
Emailing therefore remains an inefficient lever but in some niches, it may be relevant: if your offer is irresistible, you have your chances!
E-mail lists can take a long time to build, but they have many benefits. Indeed a list of emails can be monetized or used in multiple ways. For example, you can collect the email addresses of people who visit your blog and send them new articles by email to encourage them to come back to your website. You’ll soon realize that sending regular e-mail will significantly increase your web traffic.
Affiliation is based on a great principle: you only pay a partner if it has allowed you to generate a sale or to obtain a prospect.
Pure win / win.
Yes except that what should be a couple … Is actually a trio!
You need an affiliate platform, which will allow you to solve the two difficult equations of affiliation:
1. find partners
2. track down the sales they generate.
Of course nothing prevents you from starting your own affiliate program, the technical part being solved by inexpensive plugins (in the case of open source solutions like WordPress, Magento or Prestashop).
If you use an affiliate platform to increase your site’s traffic, it will ask you to build a program, so you’ll need to specify the following:
- What do you pay? Click, prospect, sale?
- How many? In general we give a percentage on a sale and a fixed price for a prospect or a click. The amounts are free, but the more generous you are, the more you will attract site owners to distribute your banners …
- How? What techniques will you allow? Banners, purchase of keywords, emailings…
A good program is the key to success: publishers (those who will relay your ads) will always choose the program that will have the best chance of working with their visitors. Be creative!
6- Post on social networks
Social networks can really help increase their web traffic: the idea is to produce attractive content and share it on social networks. The more your content is shared the more you will increase your web traffic! If you have enough fans or followers, they can help you rebroadcast your message. This is the virtuous circle aspect of social networks!
Here are some ideas for content that can work:
- market studies
- news information
- a curation (a best-of) of what you find useful on the web in your job.
You can target Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Viadeo, Pinterest or even Instagram (see below). It’s up to you to choose who will help you reach your targets.
Junaid Ali Qureshi is a digital marketing specialist who has helped several businesses gain traffic, outperform competition and generate profitable leads. His current ventures include Progostech, Magentodevelopers.online, eLabelz, Smart Leads.ae, Progos Tech and eCig