Google has developed algorithms to rank websites. They send out “spiders” to “crawl” to your site and check it to determine if the site is valuable or not. SEO makes sure that those spiders are happy with they find in your site, which is very important especially if you are blogging for a business. Are you a new blogger who needs advice for SEO? Don’t worry; you don’t need to go through a lot of steps. All you need is perseverance, determination, and of course, the following tips:
How to Get Started
1. Use the right blogging platform
There are plenty of blogging performs like Drupal, TypePad, Joomla and even BlogSpot. However, one of the best platforms there is as of the moment is WordPress. It is powerful, user friendly and a lot of SEO plugins that will increase your chances of topping the results in the search engine.
2. Own your domain
If you are doing a business blog, don’t form the address as mycompany.wordpress.com. You have to blog from your own property so do mycompanyblog.com or mycompany.com/blog. This is essential especially if you decide on moving to another blogging platform as it allows you to retain all of the inbound links you have gathered all this time.
3. Show some commitment
Remember, blogging success does not happen in the snap of your fingers or overnight. It is not like pay-per-click advertising where you immediately appear on the first page of Google. However, PPC also ends once you stop paying while company blog posts that, even when written years ago, can still deliver hundreds of new leads each month as long as the content is relevant and used as inbound links by other people.
What can affect search engine ranking?
Every search engine has a unique algorithm for determining the relevance of the blog post to a given query. It comes down to two main factors:
1. On-page optimization- How the words in your post are relevant to the search that was done
2. Off-page optimization- The number of quality inbound links from other websites or blogs you have in your own post.
How to maximize the search results?
1. Start your post title with your best keywords. The page titles are the most important variable because they are the ones that will let you rank. The first three or four words give the most weight in your blog post so make sure they give the most impact.
2. Use your keyword phrase in your post’s body. Try to use the phrase in the first two sentences. Then put a meta-description, the meta-tags, the image alt-tags, and anywhere else that seems right.
3. Search for the appropriate pages that you can link in your website. This will help increase the search visibility of your webpage. Make sure to link the keywords and not the words “click here” or “learn more”.
In conclusion, you have to perform a keyword analysis to know which keywords will drive qualified traffic to your site. Make sure you put keywords in your titles, content and all throughout your post. The content, on the other hand, must be great so that other people who are content creators as well will link your blog to theirs.
About the Author:
Justin is a digital marketing specialist for SEO in the Philippines. His main business focus is providing customer acquisition services for his friends and clients. He loves staring at large amounts of data while trying to figure out what to do with it. He attempts to write and blog during his free time while watching anime and TV series. Usually goes out just to play Pokemon Go. The internet is his playground while the world is his bedroom. He’s still trying to figure out what to do with data.